How can I help patients with difficult-to-treat diseases to get the treatment they need but cannot afford?
There are many diseases or conditions that have no known cure. Usually, doctors are limited to drugs or therapies to help manage the patient’s symptoms. Some of these can have negative side effects. These conditions include multiple sclerosis, a stroke, Parkinson’s disease, neurodevelopmental disorders in children, and musculoskeletal injuries, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
Stem cell therapy is a well-known way to treat certain diseases where there are no treatment protocols that guarantee a complete recovery. Unlike many standard drugs, stem cell therapy does not cause significant, or long-term adverse reactions.
This treatment is based on the regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties of stem cells, proven by studies in animals and a number of human clinical trials, and has been successfully used in regenerative medicine centers around the world.
Although this method is promising, there is one obstacle that limits access to this treatment for a significant number of needy patients, and this is the price. The cost of a treatment program can range between $10,000 and $30,000 or even more, depending on what is included in the program, as explained further below.
Many patients rely on donations from third parties when it is the only way they can get the necessary treatment that will improve their quality of life with their loved ones, become independent in performing daily activities, and even realize their full potential.
This is why Swiss Medica have established a charitable foundation that will reimburse the cost of treatment to patients who can benefit from this type of treatment, but cannot afford it. You can make a difference in their lives.
How donations work at Swiss Medica
- Contact our medical adviser with a request to donate to a charitable foundation of Swiss Medica.
- Donation amounts are transferred to a separate account of the charitable foundation.
- When we receive the donations, we arrange for a patient to be treated at one of our clinics.
- Any remaining balance in the charitable foundation’s account will go to the next patient on the priority list.
- Only patients whose condition meets the criteria for treatment are accepted to participate in the Swiss Medica charity program. This includes a confirmed diagnosis, with the relevant medical reports, for a disease from the list of health conditions that respond well to stem cell therapy, the age of the patient, etc. The validity of the therapy in each case is considered by a team of doctors.
Benefits of donating to Swiss Medica Foundation
- The funds go directly to the Clinic, which reduces the organizational issues associated with withdrawal or the transfer of funds, and other related risks.
- You can be certain that the money will be used towards a specific treatment.
- You can donate any amount, once off, or do regular payments.
- Donations are accepted from individuals and organizations.
- We do not charge commission on the donation amounts, and all the funds will go directly to help the patients who need medical care.
- Donations can be anonymous.
- Donations are usually non-taxable, as long as you are a private individual.
What makes up the cost of treatment at Swiss Medica
This can be what the donations are spent on, depending on the treatment program, the disease and any patient-specific medical needs:
- The number of days to stay at the Clinic, including full board and accommodation for a relative.
- Comprehensive evaluation of the patient’s diagnosis and an assessment of their current state of health, and medical tests to track the results during the therapy.
- Additional and rehabilitation therapies that enhance the regenerative, immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects of stem cells. These therapies may include xenon gas therapy, hyperbaric chamber, IMR-therapy, mesodiencephalic modulation (MDM), kinesiotherapy and plasmapheresis.
What is the result?
For some patients with difficult-to-treat diseases, stem cell treatment is among the few options they have available, sometimes even the only one. You can give hope to these patients to receive the medical care they need.
When you donate, it means that more people can afford stem cell treatment to relieve the symptoms of their condition.
If you want to be a part of giving patients a chance to reduce their suffering and live a full life, please give a donation to the Swiss Medica Foundation.