Diabetic Foot Treatment with Stem Cell
Diabetes mellitus can be a very complicated condition to keep under control, and long-term patients can develop further complications. One of those risks is a diabetic foot, which often occurs as a result of diabetes that was not taken care of properly. It forms because the tissue is breaking down because the blood circulation is irregular as a result of the disease, leaving the area unprotected, which can lead to ulcers appearing. In case ulcers are neglected, they can become infected, which can present a serious danger to health, ending up in amputation in the most severe cases.
Common first symptoms of ulcer are usually irritation of the foot, swelling, redness, odor and drainage from foot. Diabetics often have nerve problems and their ability to feel pain might be reduced, which is why sometimes small injuries might remain unnoticed. This increases the risk of diabetic foot, because patients may not be aware of the open foot sore that occurred, making it easier for infection to develop, because the damaged area is left untreated. The sign of a more serious case of ulcer can be visible in the form of skin darkening around the targeted area. Gangrenes can also develop, causing pain and numbness.
Any diabetes patient can experience diabetic foot because of the poor blood circulation, damaged nerves, hyperglycemia or wounds on feet. However, there are many preventive measurements that can be practiced in order to minimize the chance of diabetic foot development. Firstly, patient needs to constantly work on maintaining glucose at a normal level. Proper foot hygiene including regular washing, toenail trimming, moisturization and maintaining clean socks and shoes (with a good fit) is also crucial.
Regular diabetic foot treatments can often be a long, hard and challenging process and some of the common options include antibiotics, orthopaedic appliances and topical dressings.
Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetic foot
Statistics show that diabetic foot affects between 15-25% out of all diabetics. Patients suffering from this syndrome have a hard time finding an adequate treatment and medications that will help them keep symptoms in check. Once a person starts experiencing the difficulties of diabetic foot, they tend to struggle with it for a lifetime.
Stem cell is the extremely effective treatment for diabetic foot, which offers help in a completely new way. It not only treats the symptoms and work on keeping them under control, but they have the ability to fight the very core of the problem.
Our bodies already posses stem cells naturally as a part of their repair system, which is why when these cells are enriched during the treatment they can bring better results and work on rebuilding damaged organs and body parts more. This means that once stem cells reach the targeted area that is being treated, they not only stop the further damage from happening, but also reverse the damage that has already been made by the disease. As a result, symptoms decrease drastically and patient’s overall health is at a much better level.
Stem cells used during this therapy are taken from the body of a person undergoing the therapy, excluding any possible rejection and side effects. The procedure is done in 4 steps that are safe, quick and painless. Stem cells are taken from patient’s body from adipose tissue and or/and bone marrow, under anesthetics. In many cases combination of both gives the best results. After this step, stem cells undergo separation and activation. Finally, they are ready to be given back to the patient’s body intravenously, whilst the patient is peacefully resting.
Some improvements can be visible soon after completing the treatment, but patient will mainly keep noticing new benefits and symptoms reversing during the course of the next 2-4 months.
Advantages of Stem Cell therapy in Swiss Medica clinics:
- Side effects and rejection free (patient’s very own stem cells from the abdomen and/or bone marrow are used).
- Avoidance of any allergic and immune reactions (patient’s own cells suit chromosomal and genetic structure).
- Does not require general anesthesia.
- No risk of contamination by transmissible diseases.
- No oncological complications as adult stem cells in the comparison to embryonic cells are rather mature.
- Procedure is very quick and simple. Small quantity of cells are extracted from bone marrow and/or fat tissue. Combination of the two can often show the best results.
- The period of time between getting lipoaspirate and injection of the activated stem cells is only a few hours.
- Adult stem cells are superior over embryonic stem cells, because they don’t require growth of several moths and come from patient’s own body, which is why there is no risk of side effects after the treatment.
In Swiss Medica Clinic we deliver treatment with proven results associated with the assistance of highly qualified professionals who realize the importance of personalized care, quality and confidence and this leads to top standards of treatment.
Swiss Medica Clinic is an excellent centre that offers patients the most innovative therapies.
Generally, in our medical centres we use the unique technology of application of autologous photo activated stem cells previously extracted from fat cells using mini liposuction.
The highest standards of treatment and investigative research are upheld at all times.
The package includes:
- — Transfer from / to airport
- — Interpretation services
- — Specially developed individual balanced diet
- — Medical tests, diagnostics
- — Doctors consultations (specialists in neurology, psychiatry, psychology, neurorehabilitation, nutrition)
- — Medications
- — Stem cells therapy
- — Physiotherapy
- — Psychotherapy
- — Follow-up if needed
Optional additional therapy:
- — Regenerative cell therapy
- — Xenon gas rehabilitation therapy (inhalation procedure)
- — Ozone-laser injection therapy
- — Cryotherapy